The Chapel Hill Thesis and Challenge
A challenge to botanical gardens, arboreta, and the plant industry:
- Do no harm to plant diversity.
- Do no harm to natural areas.
- Perform risk assessment for introductions
- Remove invasives from plant collections
- Control invasives in natural areas
- Develop non-invasive and native plant alternatives and certify non-invasiveness for the trade
- Do not distribute seeds/plants that will be invasive elsewhere
- Educate the public
- Become partners with conservation organizations
- Obey import rules and enact strong procedures to minimize the risk of introducing disease and pest organisms
Updated on November 30, 2011 at 10:41:29 am.