Preparing for Your Visit: Schools and Teachers
Once you've scheduled a visit to the North Carolina Botanical Garden. This page contains information that will help make your visit go as smoothly as possible.
If you have not yet had your visit date confirmed by NCBG staff, please see our Registering and Scheduling Information.
General Notes About Your Visit
All of our programs are outdoor programs that last about 60 minutes. Participants should dress for the weather and be aware that mosquitoes can be a problem.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you arrive late, we may need to cut the program short to remain on schedule.
- Have your students pre-assigned to groups prior to your arrival. Guidelines on how to divide your group are found in the “About Your Program” section below.
- You will meet your guides at the gazebo at the scheduled start time. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the gazebo.
- Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the picnic area.
- If you plan to walk on our Nature Trails, our self-guided Nature Trail Walk will help make your hike more engaging and enjoyable.
- Do not climb on any sculpture.
About Your Program
The links below give specific information about our on-site programs, including: Required group sizes, curriculum alignment, and pre-visit and extension activities.
- Herbal Adventures
- Flora Explorers
- Monarch's Journey
- From the Mountains to the Coast
- Native Plants, Native People
- Ecosystem Expeditions
- General Tours or Specific Topic Not Mentioned Above
Parking and Directions
For directions to the Garden, click on the map at the right of this page, or visit our Getting Here page. Buses can drop off the students at the passenger drop-off area, and then park in one of the designated bus parking spaces. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the drop off area and bus parking. Parents accompanying the group are strongly encouraged to ride the bus or carpool, as parking is limited and cannot be reserved.
We accept cash, check, or credit card payments, prior to or on the day of your visit. Checks should be made payable to NCBG, and can be mailed to:
North Carolina Botanical Garden
c/o Natural Science Educator
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
If you need to cancel, please call 919-962-2887 as soon as possible. Refunds may not be given for cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of the program. If the program is cancelled due to weather, we will make every effort to reschedule it, or give you a refund.
Last updated by Laura Cotterman on September 12, 2013 at 12:50:48 pm.