Plants and Gardening
We have developed a wealth of information about gardening with southeastern U.S. native plants and are pleased to be able to share some of that information with our website visitors. We plan to add more information and links to this part of our site in the future.
Retired Assistant Director Ken Moore writes a weekly newspaper column called "Flora" in which he provides a closer look at our native wildflowers, shrubs, and trees. Visit the Carrboro Citizen's archive to read these engaging, fact-filled stories.
Questions about gardening?
Visit our Green Gardener Clinic! A garden curator, trained volunteer, or Orange County Master Gardener is available every weekday from noon to 2 pm at the Green Gardener Desk in the Education Center (central building). You may also call (919-962-0522) at that time with your gardening/plant questions.
Plants And Gardening
- Environmentally Responsible Gardening Practices
- Exotic Plant Policy and Procedures
- Gardening for a Drought
- Invasive Exotic Plants: Publications and Resources
- Native Plants for Your Garden
- NC Wildflower Of The Year
- Other Resources for Gardeners
- Plant Introductions
- Plant Sales
- Plants to Avoid in the Southeastern United States
- Recommended Sources of Native Plants
- Seed Distribution Program
- Trees of the UNC Campus