Plants and Gardening
We have developed a wealth of information about gardening with southeastern U.S. native plants and are pleased to be able to share some of that information with our website visitors. We plan to add more information and links to this part of our site in the future.
Retired Assistant Director Ken Moore writes a weekly newspaper column called "Flora" in which he provides a closer look at our native wildflowers, shrubs, and trees. Visit the Carrboro Citizen's archive to read these engaging, fact-filled stories.
Questions about gardening?
Visit our Green Gardener Clinic! A garden curator, trained volunteer, or Orange County Master Gardener is available every weekday from noon to 2 pm at the Green Gardener Desk in the Education Center (central building). You may also call (919-962-0522) at that time with your gardening/plant questions.
Plants And Gardening
- Other Resources for Gardeners
- Plant Introductions
- Recommended Sources of Native Plants
- Plant Sales
- Seed Distribution Program
- NC Wildflower Of The Year
- Native Plants for Your Garden
- Trees of the UNC Campus
- Invasive Exotic Plants: Publications and Resources
- Environmentally Responsible Gardening Practices
- Exotic Plant Policy and Procedures
- Plants to Avoid in the Southeastern United States
- Gardening for a Drought