Preparing for Your Tour: Adult Groups
Once you've scheduled an Adult Group Tour of the North Carolina Botanical Garden, there are a few things to do to prepare for your visit. Doing these things will help make your visit go as smoothly as possible.
If you have not yet had your visit date confirmed by NCBG staff, please fill out a Tour Request Form.
General Notes About Your Visit
All of our tours are outdoor programs that last 60-90 minutes. The walking is not strenuous, but may traverse a bit of uneven terrain (see "Accessibility" sidebar to the right for more information). Participants should dress for the weather and be aware that mosquitoes can be a problem.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you arrive late, we may need to cut the program short to remain on schedule.
- Have your participants pre-assigned to groups prior to your arrival.
- You will meet your guides at the gazebo at the scheduled start time. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the gazebo.
- Picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the picnic area.
- You may consider allowing time at the end of your tour for your group to visit The Garden Shop and our Daily Plant Sale.
Parking and Directions
For directions to the Garden, click on the map at the right of this page, or visit our Getting Here page. Buses can drop off the participants at the passenger drop-off area, and then park in one of the designated bus parking spaces. Please see the Parking Map for the location of the drop off area and bus parking. If you will be arriving in cars, we strongly suggest carpooling, as parking is limited and cannot be reserved.
We accept cash, check, or credit card payments, prior to or on the day of your visit. Checks should be made payable to NCBG, and can be mailed to:
North Carolina Botanical Garden
c/o Natural Science Educator
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
If you need to cancel, please call 919-962-2887 as soon as possible. Refunds may not be given for cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of the program. If the program is cancelled due to weather, we will make every effort to reschedule it, or give you a refund.
Updated on August 13, 2014 at 12:00:54 pm.