Did you know fall is the best time to plant North Carolina’s wonderful native perennials, shrubs, trees, ferns, and grasses in your home garden? Planting in the fall gives time for plants to establish their root systems prior to the growing season. Join us for our Fall Plant Sale to find new beauties for your landscape! The Fall Plant Sale takes place on Saturday, September 24. NCBGF Members enjoy early access to the sale on Friday, September 23 and a 10% discount on plant purchases.
See the list of plants for sale
Members’ Plant Sale: Friday, September 23
Group A: 1-3 p.m.
Group B: 5-7 p.m.
Pre-registration required (All NCBGF members received an email on September 12 detailing the registration process)
We have been experiencing record levels of interest in purchasing our native plants, which is great news for the Garden, for biodiversity and for our local ecosystem. The downside is that during recent Members’ Plant Sales, the crowds have been overwhelming. To improve the member experience, we’re trying something different this year. NCBGF Members who wish to attend the sale will be required to sign up for one of two timed entry sessions. We will be dividing up the inventory so each session has access to the same quantity and diversity of plants.
Join in advance to ensure you can sign up for a timed entry session!
- NCBGF members will receive an email to sign up for their preferred session, 1-3 p.m. or 5-7 p.m.
- We will hold half of the plants back for the second session, so the same high quality native plant inventory will be available for both groups.
- The sales floor will close for two hours between sessions to allow the first group of members to finish checking out and exit the parking lot and give our staff time to restock the sales area.
- A shuttle bus will run continuously from the Finley Fields parking lot to the Garden, so we can accommodate all attendees on Friday. To avoid congestion on Fordham Boulevard, consider accessing Finley Fields from Finley Golf Course Road.
- If you park at Finley Athletic Fields, you may safely leave your plants at the Garden when you take the shuttle to retrieve your vehicle. Volunteers and staff will help load your plants.
- We have limited carts and wagons on hand. You may bring your own.
- The Garden will close at 12 p.m. on Friday, September 23 to prepare for the sale.
Fall Plant Sale: Saturday, September 24
9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Choose from a wide variety of southeastern native wildflowers, shrubs, trees, vines, ferns, and native wildflower seeds at our annual sale. No timed entry or advance registration is necessary for this portion of the sale.