Interested in taking a class? Click here to see a complete list of upcoming educational programs.
- This event has passed.
Outdoor Yoga in the Garden
September 29 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$13
with Sam Sather, BSN, MS, C-IAYT, eRYT, Certified Therapeutic Yoga Teacher
Tuesday, September 29 (Rain Date: Tuesday, October 6)
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM
$13 ($12 Members)
Join us for 75 minutes of rejuvenating outdoor yoga. The class will be held outside on the lawn in our Children’s Wonder Garden. You will be immersed in the sounds and sights of nature as Sam leads you through a series of seated, standing and lying poses in the meadow with views of native flowers, trees, and butterflies. The class is gentle and invigorating. Variations of poses will be offered. Sign-up and plan to join us as part of your lunch break.
- We will practice 6 or more feet from each other.
- You will need a yoga mat, beach towel, or blanket.
- Feel free to bring a yoga block or prop that you like to use to support you, these are optional.
- You may want sunscreen, a hat, or insect repellant as the class will take place in a sunny, natural area.
- Bring a bottle of water as our water fountains are currently blocked off.
- Bring a mask to wear when inside or when you are unable to maintain 6 feet between you and others outdoors.
UNC Community Standards
We are taking extensive precautions to make sure the Garden is a safe place to visit, and we need your help to keep it safe for everyone. When registering, you must agree to abide by the UNC Community Standards. Read the UNC Community Standards here.
In brief, please follow these practices:
- Before leaving home for class, check for symptoms using the COVID-19 screening checklist. Do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptom(s) indicated on the screening checklist. If you are not able to attend class for this reason, we will offer you a full refund as course credit or to your credit card.
- Watch your distance and remain 6 feet apart from others.
- Bring a mask with you. Wear a mask at all times indoors and when you are unable to maintain a 6′ distance outdoors.
- Wash your hands often.
- Wipe off your work area before and after class with disinfecting wipes that will be available in the classroom.
By doing these things, you are doing your part to keep others safe both on campus and in our local communities.