Interested in taking a class? Click here to see a complete list of upcoming educational programs.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Visiting Artist – Introduction to Gouache: Painting a Southern Magnolia Seedpod
November 11, 2021 @ 11:00 am - November 12, 2021 @ 5:00 pm$285
With Carrie Di Costanzo, botanical artist
Join us for a 2-day virtual workshop!
Dates: Thursday, November 11 and Friday, November 12, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
Fee: $285 ($255 for NCBG Members) Note: Partial scholarships are available for this Visiting Artist Master Course. Click here to review the scholarship application.
Gouache is a wonderful medium which can create rich, matte effects. This workshop will focus on the instructor’s method of using gouache to paint a Southern Magnolia Seedpod. Some experience with watercolor is needed and will be helpful in transitioning to gouache. Students with experience using gouache are also welcome. We will be using gouache in a similar manner to watercolor for the first few layers of washes. We will then transition to dry brush and use semi-opaque paint.
- Participants will be provided with a pre-recorded video demonstration which will prepare them for the class, as well as a material list, syllabus, photo of the subject, line drawing of the subject, color mixes, and handouts.
- The workshop will take place live on Zoom both days from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. with a 30 minute break. The instructor will be available to answer questions and advise students.
- Students will send their work in progress via text to the instructor as they progress.
- COMPUTER or TABLET to access pre-recorded materials and to participate in Zoom online sessions
- CELL PHONE with CAMERA to send/text work in progress to instructor