Interested in taking a class? Click here to see a complete list of upcoming educational programs.
- This event has passed.
Winter in the Garden Holiday Festival
December 7, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Celebrate the holiday season at our annual winter festival. Enjoy the splendor of the Garden with lights, kids crafts, holiday music, food trucks, and a craft market.
Note: Online ticket sales have closed, but you can still come and buy tickets at the door!
At the door:
$15 for adults
$10 for children 12 and under
Free for children 2 and under
Free parking will be available at the Finley Athletic Fields and Finley Golf Course on Old Mason Farm Road. Free shuttles will provide transportation between theses locations and NCBG. Accessible parking is available in the Garden lot.
For easier access to parking and the festival, approach the Garden from Highway 54 and Finley Golf Course Road to avoid traffic on Highway 15/501.
- The Garden will close at 3 p.m. on Saturday to prepare for the Festival.
- Rameses Jr. will be at the Garden in his Santa suit from 5-8 p.m.
- The nature craft will begin at 5 p.m. and will be available until supplies run out.
- The Garden Shop and the craft market will be open on Saturday during the Festival.
- The Festival will include entertainment by Rhythm & Blue, the Scatter Tones, Psalm 100, Tar Heel Voices, The Chiefs of Staff, and the Carrboro High School Jazz Ensemble.
- Food trucks include: Baozi, Will & Pops, So Good Pupusas, Mama Voulas, and My Kupkake Kreations.
- Our youngest Festival-goers and those young-at-heart can enjoy the Peacock Discovery Room, a nature craft, and live owls.
- If you can, attend our Members’ Holiday Party on Friday, 5-8 p.m. This night will likely be much less crowded, so take advantage of this special opportunity to enjoy the lights and complimentary food and wine. This night is for members only, but you can become a member at the door.
- We are collecting non-perishable food items for the Carolina Cupboard, a food pantry for UNC students. Donate applesauce, canned fruit, canned chicken, granola bars, peanut butter, seasoning, gluten free items, and vegetarian and vegan options. All items must be closed, non-perishable items in non-glass containers.