Botanical Art & Illustration Calendar Entry Form
Entries are due by Monday, August 16, 2021. Questions? Contact Emily Oglesby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This opportunity is open only to current and past participants of the NCBG Certificate in Botanical Art & Illustration.
- You may submit up to two original illustrations.
- Illustrations must be of plants native to the southeastern United States. If you have questions about a plant’s native status, you can look it up on the USDA Plants database.
- Illustrations must not have been featured in a previous NCBG Botanical Art & Illustration calendar.
- Accepted media include watercolor (including pencils), pen and ink, colored pencil, oil, graphite, or a combination.
- All submissions must be in electronic form at 300 DPI or higher to ensure a quality image in the final calendar. If you need professional help obtaining a high quality scan, we recommend American Art Editions in Apex, NC.
- Illustrations must be submitted as a scanned image of excellent clarity, taken at 100% of size with careful color matching, and no extraneous background noise.
- Illustrations must be no smaller than 7in by 7in. They do not have to be square, but no side may be smaller than 7in.
Garden staff will select the fourteen works to be featured in the calendar. Artists whose illustrations are selected will be notified no later than September 22, 2021. Their names will be printed with the illustration along with the scientific and common names of the plant. All selected artists will receive a complimentary copy of the 2022 calendar. Proceeds from calendar sales support the conservation efforts of the North Carolina Botanical Garden.