Preserves & Natural Areas Field Trip Request
Groups are welcome at many of our Preserves & Natural Areas but they must follow the regulations below to protect these areas for the primary purpose of research and conservation.
- Do not disturb research stakes, cages, markings, blinds, nets or any other equipment
- No hunting, trapping, fishing, camping or fires
- Do not harm, kill or remove plants or wildlife (this includes snakes and turtles)
- No bicycles or motorized vehicles are permitted beyond the visitor parking lot
- Carry out all trash and litter
Failure to comply with regulations will result may jeopardize future use of the area.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the North Carolina Botanical Garden assume no responsibility for injury, loss, or damage to self, others, and/or property.