Make a Gift
Friends like you keep the Garden growing and making a difference in conservation, education, and public service. Donors to the Garden automatically become members of the North Carolina Botanical Garden Foundation. Making a gift to one or more of the Foundation funds listed below supports the North Carolina Botanical Garden. We appreciate your membership and loyal support.
General Operating Support
General operating support is essential for day-to-day operations and to respond quickly when the need arises.
- Where the Need is Greatest (525201) – These funds are used for day-to-day Garden Operations including supporting staff salaries.
- NCBG Director’s Fund (525416) – These funds are used at the discretion of the Garden’s director for special projects.
Support for Education programs…
- Adult Education Program (525411)
- Art and Educational Exhibits (525412)
- School Programs (525413)
- Summer Camp Scholarships (525415)
- Youth & Family Education Programs (525414)
Support for the Hort Program…
The Garden serves the broader Carolina and Chapel Hill community in many ways, including the following:
- Carolina Campus Community Gardens (525277) – Help us grow vegetables and fruits for UNC’s lowest wage workers.
- Edible Campus (525422) – Help create working landscapes across campus to facilitate student engagement in food and agriculture sustainability.
- Horticultural Therapy (525205) – Help provide gardening and nature experiences to underserved populations in the Triangle.
These funds support research, land management, and conservation programs.
- Conservation Fund (525239)
- Garden Library (525220)
- Friends of the UNC Herbarium (525240)
- Piedmont Nature Trail Expendable (525410)
Give to an Endowment
Consider endowing your annual gift to the Garden. A gift to an Endowment is a wonderful legacy and inspires others to give. Earned interest from named endowments is restricted to support the operation, care, and maintenance of these campus treasures.
- Garden’s General Operating Endowment (525253)
- Battle Park Endowment (525250)
- Coker Arboretum Endowment (525233)
- Forest Theatre Endowment (525251)
- Herb Garden Endowment (525255)
- Mason Farm Biological Reserve Endowment (525222)
- Natural Areas Endowment (525221)
- UNC Herbarium Endowment (525269)
Help us build for the Garden’s future by making a gift to one of our Capital Projects.
- Children’s Wonder Garden (525247)
- Garden Entry Landscape Fund (525401)
- UNC Herbarium Building (525228)
- Forest Theatre Restoration (525270)
Give an Honorary/Memorial Gift
When you honor or remember someone through membership renewal or an additional gift, you send two-way support: to the honoree or the family of the remembered one, and to the Garden! What better way to make a long-lasting gift than to support the Garden in its mission of conservation, education, research, and public service? Fill out and mail in this Honorary and Memorial Gift Form [PDF]. (Please do not email or fax your credit card number.)
For Planned Giving opportunities, contact Stephen Keith via email or phone (919-962-9458). You may also wish to visit the University of North Carolina’s Planned Giving Website.
Leave a legacy
A charitable gift annuity can provide guaranteed income for life for yourself and/or another person, save taxes, and allow you to make a larger gift to the Garden than you might have dreamed possible. For more information, including information about gift annuity rates, please call Elizabeth Ayers at 919-843-5289 or call Stephen Keith at the Garden 919-962-9458.
As part of UNC-Chapel Hill, the North Carolina Botanical Garden and its affiliated foundation respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it by following the University’s policies and practices regarding the information we collect from and about you. To learn more about how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information we collect and obtain and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns, please visit https://give.unc.edu/privacy.
Your support means so much to us! Gifts of stock are one way you can help us while taking advantage of provisions of tax laws. Making a stock gift to the North Carolina Botanical Garden is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Your broker may electronically transfer stock to UNC-Chapel Hill’s Wells Fargo Account 8999-4225, Account Title UNC Chapel Hill: DTC # 0141.
2. You or your broker should call the UNC Development Office (Krisha Ellis: 919-962-8189) and leave your name, address, and phone number; type of stock; and number of shares. And please say that you want your gift to go to the North Carolina Botanical Garden. (If the gift is restricted for a particular use, please give that designation. For example, “for the Coker Arboretum Endowment.”) Note: your receipt for tax purposes will reflect the average market value of the stock on the date of your donation.
3. Please contact Stephen Keith via email or phone (919-962-9458) with the same details. This will help us to watch for your gift and make sure it goes into the right account. It also makes us very happy to be the first to know of your gift!
If you are an alumnus or friend of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, you may be interested to know that every gift you make to the North Carolina Botanical Garden will also count toward the UNC Chancellor’s Club.