Make a Gift
Send a gift by mail (Download and print)
Friends like you keep the Garden growing in conservation, research, education, native plant collections, and public service. Make a gift to one or more of the Foundation funds listed below and support the North Carolina Botanical Garden.
General Operating Support
General operating support is essential for day-to-day operations and to respond quickly when the need arises.
- Where the Need is Greatest (525201) – These funds are used for day-to-day Garden Operations including supporting staff salaries.
- NCBG Director’s Fund (525416) – These funds are used at the discretion of the Garden’s director for special projects.
Support for Education programs…
- Adult Education Program (525411)
- Art and Educational Exhibits (525412)
- School Programs (525413)
- Summer Camp Scholarships (525415)
- Youth & Family Education Programs (525414)
Support for the Hort Program…
The Garden serves the broader Carolina and Chapel Hill community in many ways, including the following:
- Carolina Campus Community Gardens (525277) – Help us grow vegetables and fruits for UNC’s lowest wage workers.
- Edible Campus (525422) – Help create working landscapes across campus to facilitate student engagement in food and agriculture sustainability.
- Horticultural Therapy (525205) – Help provide gardening and nature experiences to underserved populations in the Triangle.
These funds support research, land management, and conservation programs.
- Conservation Fund (525239)
- Garden Library (525220)
- Friends of the UNC Herbarium (525240)
- Piedmont Nature Trail Expendable (525410)
Give to an Endowment
A gift to build an Endowment is a wonderful legacy. Earned interest from named endowments is restricted to support the operation, care, and maintenance of these specific campus treasures.
- Garden’s General Operating Endowment (525253)
- Battle Park Endowment (525250)
- Coker Arboretum Endowment (525233)
- Forest Theatre Endowment (525251)
- Herb Garden Endowment (525255)
- Mason Farm Biological Reserve Endowment (525222)
- Natural Areas Endowment (525221)
- UNC Herbarium Endowment (525269)
Help us build for the Garden’s future by making a gift to one of our Capital Projects.
- Coker Arboretum Improvement Fund (525403)
- Forest Theatre Restoration (525270)
- UNC Herbarium Building (525228)
- Children’s Wonder Garden (525247)
Make a Tribute Gift to Honor Someone Special
Make a tribute gift to support the North Carolina Botanical Garden by completing and mailing the Tribute Gift form [PDF]. Your tribute in honor of or in memory of someone special will be listed in the next issue of Conservation Gardener. We will also acknowledge the tribute to the recipient or the recipient’s family.
For Planned Giving opportunities, contact Stephen Keith via email or phone (919-962-9458). You may also wish to visit the University of North Carolina’s Planned Giving Website.
Leave a legacy
A charitable gift annuity can provide guaranteed income for life for yourself and/or another person, save taxes, and allow you to make a larger gift to the Garden than you might have dreamed possible. For more information, including information about gift annuity rates, please call Elizabeth Ayers at 919-843-5289 or call Stephen Keith at the Garden 919-962-9458.
As part of UNC-Chapel Hill, the North Carolina Botanical Garden and its affiliated foundation respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting it by following the University’s policies and practices regarding the information we collect from and about you. To learn more about how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information or if you have any questions or concerns, please visit https://give.unc.edu/privacy.
Your support means so much to us! Gifts of stock are one way you can help us while taking advantage of tax laws. Making a stock gift to the North Carolina Botanical Garden is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Your broker may electronically transfer stock to:
UNC-Chapel Hill’s Wells Fargo Account: 8999-4225
Account Title: UNC Chapel Hill
DTC #: 0141
*** Note the transfer should benefit the North Carolina Botanical Garden (Gift account 525201)
2. Please let us know your name/address/phone number, the stock information (name of stock, number of shares), and the originating broker, by email or phone (919-962-9458). This helps us watch for the transfer and make sure it goes into the right account.
3. Contact the UNC Stock/Cash Account Manager Krisha Ellis (919-962-8189) if you have further questions.
If you are an alumnus or friend of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, you may be interested to know that every gift you make to the North Carolina Botanical Garden will also count toward the UNC Chancellor’s Club.
A Garden Wish List
Your “Gifts in Kind” allow the staff to get their jobs done and meet the mission of the Garden each day.