We offer free public tours, private guided tours, hikes, and excursions in our gardens and natural areas and around the state.
Experience the beauty of our unique native plant gardens and learn what makes the North Carolina Botanical Garden one of the premier conservation gardens in the U.S.
COVID-19 Safety: We are taking extensive precautions to make sure the Garden is a safe place to visit, and we need your help to keep it safe for everyone. We ask all visitors and program participants to check for COVID-19 symptoms before visiting, bring a mask, and maintain physical distancing. Public tour participants must wear a mask at all times. When registering, you agreed to abide by the UNC Community Standards.
Fall Garden Walks
Wednesdays, 10-11 a.m.; October 14, 21, 28
Saturdays, 10-11 a.m.; October 17, 24, 31
$5 ($4 Members) per person
Join us for a guided walk to experience the seasonal highlights – from what’s in bloom to fall color – of our native plant gardens. Walks are led by our trained Garden Guides. Best suited for adults and children ages 10 & up. Space is limited. Registration required. All participants must wear a mask.
Our standard Saturday tours are temporarily cancelled due to COVID-19.
NCBG Display Gardens
Cancelled due to COVID-19
SECOND Saturdays, every month of the year
Each month offers a glimpse into what’s happening in the Garden, from spring wildflowers to fall color. Tours are one hour and led by our trained Garden Guides. Space is limited! Free; preregistration encouraged. Meet in the Allen Education Center lobby.
Cancelled due to COVID-19
THIRD Saturdays, March through November
Explore this gem on the UNC campus with a Coker Arboretum curator! Each tour differs as wildflowers bloom and the gardens change through the seasons. Free; preregistration encouraged. Meet at the stone gathering circle on the Cameron Avenue side of the Arboretum.
Private tours are temporarily cancelled through 2020
- Leashed pets are allowed on the Piedmont Nature Trails. With the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed within the Display Gardens.
- No smoking, e-cigarettes, or weapons allowed.
- Please park your bicycle in the provided bike racks.
- Pack out what you pack in. Picnics are permitted in the designated Picnic Area in the wooded area near our parking lot. Please use designated recycling and trash bins. If you would like to reserve an outdoor space for a private picnic party or celebration, please contact the Events Manager at email@example.com to discuss options and rates.
- Please do not leave valuables within sight in your vehicle.
- We share this garden with many wild animals. Please be respectful of their space during your visit.
- Please respect our native plants. Do not pull, pick, or prod plants or stamp, stomp, or tromp in the garden displays.
The Allen Education Center and many of the Garden displays are wheelchair accessible. If you need special accommodations to enable your visit to the Garden, please let us know by calling 919-962-0522.
Marked accessible parking spaces can be found in the parking lot—several near the drop-off for the Education Center, and others closer to the Totten Center and original display gardens. If you require assistance in moving from a parking space to the building entrance, please call 919-962-0522 and tell us when to expect you; a member of the staff will be available to assist you.
The safety and well-being of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is the highest priority of the North Carolina Botanical Garden. Read our visitor safety information.