- Leashed pets are allowed on the Piedmont Nature Trails. With the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed within the Display Gardens.
- No smoking, e-cigarettes, or weapons allowed.
- Please park your bicycle in the provided bike racks.
- Pack out what you pack in. Picnics are permitted in the designated Picnic Area in the wooded area near our parking lot. Please use designated recycling and trash bins.
- Please do not leave valuables within sight in your vehicle.
- We share this garden with many wild animals. Please be respectful of their space during your visit.
- Please respect our native plants. Do not pull, pick, or prod plants or stamp, stomp, or tromp in the garden displays.
The Allen Education Center and many of the Garden displays are wheelchair accessible. If you need special accommodations to enable your visit to the Garden, please let us know by calling 919-962-0522.
Marked accessible parking spaces can be found in the parking lot—several near the drop-off for the Education Center, and others closer to the Totten Center and original display gardens. If you require assistance in moving from a parking space to the building entrance, please call 919-962-0522 and tell us when to expect you; a member of the staff will be available to assist you.
The safety and well-being of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is the highest priority of the North Carolina Botanical Garden. Read our visitor safety information.