Welcome to our Garden! The North Carolina Botanical Garden is a "conservation garden." Our guiding mission is to inspire understanding, appreciation, and conservation of plants in gardens and natural areas and to advance a sustainable relationship between people and nature.
- Admission: Free to the public (though we welcome donations).
- Directions: See our Getting Here page for directions, including public transit options.
- Weekdays: 8 am - 5 pm (Offices and exhibits open at 9 am; Gift Shop opens at 10 am)
- Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm (6 pm from June-August)
- Sunday: 1 pm - 5 pm (6 pm from June-August)
Questions about gardening?
Visit our Green Gardener Clinic! A garden curator, trained volunteer, or Orange County Master Gardener is available every weekday from noon to 2 pm at the Green Gardener Desk in the Education Center (central building). You may also call (919-962-0522) at that time with your gardening/plant questions. Or, fill out and submit this FORM with your question.
James & Delight Allen Education Center
The Garden's James & Delight Allen Education Center was dedicated on Oct 12, 2009. This Platinum level (LEED) green building was funded with private contributions from people like you! Please become a member of the Botanical Garden Foundation and support our efforts to advance a sustainable relationship between people and nature: Make a Gift.
Updated on December 16, 2014 at 11:37:37 am.