Winter in the Garden Holiday Festival
Saturday, December 8, 5-9 p.m.
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the season and enjoy the peaceful holiday splendor of the Garden as we celebrate the end of the year with lights, holiday music, food for purchase, kids' crafts, and good cheer. $5 suggested ticket price. Tickets at the door.
Activities and Performances
- Professional lighting displays by Vivid Lighting
- Artisan craft market of 25+ vendors
- Natural ornament craft (additional fee - $1)
- Nature storytime with puppets
- Experience the newly-renovated Peacock Discovery Room
- A capella performances
- Community sing-a-long of holiday favorite songs
- Food trucks, hot chocolate, and coffee (additional fee)
- Holiday tree provided by Cranberry Tree Farm
- Carolina Santa, thanks to UNC's General Alumni Association (5-6 p.m.: GAA Members only; 6-9 p.m.: Everyone)
Rhythm & Blue
Carrboro High School Jazz Ensemble
Tar Heel Voices
Amy Richards Illustration
Karen Fisher Pottery
Lamb on the loom
Happy Unicorn Studio
Cynthia Aldrich Pottery
Leaping Grasshopper Studio
Needle and Thread
Lou Raye's Studio
Lo & Behold Naturals LLC
Deborah Harris Pottery
Sea Saw Crafts
Little Bird Yarn Company
One Number Eight
Starr Wood Works
Don't Waste Durham
Conservation Visionaries STIHL
Special Members Night: Members are invited to join us on Friday, December 7, 5-8 p.m. for a special preview of the light display, hors d'oeuvres, and festive entertainment. Bring a plate of your favorite holiday cookies to share. Not a member? Join today!
PS - Through the end of the year, we will be collecting canned goods for the Carolina Cupboard, a food pantry for UNC students. And remember, the Garden Shop is the perfect place to find those special gifts on your shopping list!
You can help support the Winter in the Garden Holiday Festival by becoming an Event Host. For more information, please contact Stephen Keith at 919-843-2411.