Photographers, videographers, and artists are welcome to use the North Carolina Botanical Garden display collections, nature trails, Coker Aboretum, or Battle Park for photography sessions. We hope that you will tag and credit the Garden in your work! Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
We ask commercial photographers visiting for a photo session as well as groups of non-commercial photographers visiting for recreational purposes complete the form below to ensure the availability of our spaces. You may be asked to restrict your activities to certain areas or times, depending on the Garden’s schedule and the size of your group. Once you’ve completed the form, our events team will be in touch to confirm your date and location.
If you are an individual, non-professional photographer, you do not need to submit a reservation form. Please avoid damage to our plants & plant beds and be mindful not to disrupt visitors. Examples of recreational photography sessions include: nature photography, UNC student photography, hobby photography, etc.
Non-professional photographers/videographers who are visiting with a group must complete the reservation form above to ensure availability of our spaces, but there is no associated fee.
All professional/commercial photographers visiting the Garden must complete the reservation form above. Please complete the form at least seven days before your visit to confirm availability. Please mail a check in advance (*see more information below on making a payment). Examples of professional/commercial photography sessions include: wedding/engagement photography, family photography sessions, quinceañera, photography, professional headshots, commercial/marketing/advertising photography, etc.
- Photo sessions that require multiple pieces of equipment and entourage: $75 for two hours
- Photo sessions that require minimal equipment and 1-2 subjects: $25 for two hours
Once we receive your completed photography online form, we will add your session to our calendar and will send along a link to complete the payment online.
North Carolina Botanical Garden:
Tuesday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
Coker Arboretum, Forest Theatre, Battle Park, Piedmont Nature Trails:
Dawn to dusk, every day
Policies and Procedures
- Clients should arrive camera-ready as there are no dressing room facilities.
- We ask that photography sessions not block or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Do not step into garden beds: ever. Sessions must occur on open areas, pathways and boardwalks – all people and equipment must remain out of planted areas.
- The NCBG does not provide any equipment.
- With the exception of service dogs, pets are not permitted within the NCBG gates. Leashed pets are allowed in Coker Arboretum, Battle Park, and the Piedmont Nature Trails.
- Parking may not be reserved exclusively for any group; however, we will work with you to alternative parking strategies. Public transit or carpooling are encouraged.
- Please call ahead for information regarding accessibility.